By Dez Duran-Lamanilao
The growth of technological innovations in the past decade has already surpassed the expectations of experts within the plumbing industry. As companies continue to invest in research and development (R&D), consumers could expect more highly-engineered bathroom and kitchen fixtures and plumbing products in the coming years.
Let us take a look at the latest developments in plumbing fixtures, furniture and fittings, including new designs that were showcased in the 2017 Kitchen & Bath Industry Show (KBIS) in Orlando:
Robert Vanity Tops in Silestone
- More color options for bath and kitchen faucets and handles, with particular focus on gold, bronze, gunmetal and matte-black finishes
- Kitchen sinks in quartz and composite materials that can resist scratches, bangs, stains and even heat. A quartz and acrylic resin combination for example, features a color that will not fade, is easy to clean, and will not produce any lingering odors.
- LED lighting and screens
- Self-cleaning toilets
- Luxurious, spa-style showers that can be controlled with just the touch of a button
- Waste-repellant toilet bowls
- Vanity cabinets that can fit tight bathroom spaces and powder rooms
- Smart home automation plumbing systems that can conserve natural resources while reducing a household’s water footprint
- Eco-friendly components for faucets, shower heads and toilets
- Smart appliances. Some even have computer chips installed in them that act as the main controllers.
- Tankless water heaters
The American Society of Plumbing Engineers (ASPE) 2017 Tech Symposium Product Show may be a great venue to witness the latest technological inventions in the industry and to directly ask the manufacturers regarding their products. It will be held on October 19-22, 2017 at the Hotel Bonaventure Montréal in Québec. Plumbing industry professionals will have the chance to learn new skills as well or refresh their design collection.